Today’s free book is a brief overview of Christian doctrine in the Early Church, part of the Oxford Church Text Books.
My thanks to Book Aid for making a copy of this public domain title available for digitisation.
Leighton Pullan [1865-1940], Early Christian Doctrine. Oxford Church Text Books. London: Rivingtons, 1899. Hbk. pp.124. [Click here to visit the download page for this book]
Table of Contents
- Christian Doctrine in its simplest form
- The Theology of St. Paul and St. John
- Christian Doctrine from A.D. 90 to A.D. 180
- The Apologists—Montanism-Irenaeus and Tertullian
- Early Alexandrine Theology—Controversy with Monarchians
- Doctrine of the Sacraments before A.D. 325
- Arianism and the Divine Nature of Christ
- The Union of the Divine and the Human Natures in Christ
- St Augustine and the Athanasian Creed
- Chronological Table
Main image: Council of Nicaea 325. Source: Wikipedia